Monday 10 October 2011

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

As welcome as the unexpected sunny spell was last week, there's something comforting for me about the arrival of autumn.  The tree that I view from my window is looking spendid now, there's a slight nip in the air, and the crunch of leaves underfoot, coming into a warm house from the cold - I love this time of year.  Amidst all the day to day stress of lost schoolbooks, emergency dentist appointments, and the other unwelcome trivia of daily life, walking through the park soothes my soul, and calms me - an oasis of calm in this mad world.  Feeling all inspired, my latest miniature book tries to capture the colours of autumn (http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassroofbooks).  Must remember supplies for the Harvest festival on Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment